Sex Lexis Entry
1. A man or woman who is fully grown up; a mature person.
In his humorous dictionary published as The Penthouse Sexicon (1968), Frederic Mullally defines:
— Adult: ‘Person who is supposed to know what he or she is doing.’
— Adulterer: ‘Person who does it.’
— Adultery: ‘It.’
2. One who has reached the age-of-majority or legal age, now generally 18 years.
3. A fully developed organism, animal or plant.
4. Grown up; fully developed and mature; mature in age, size, strength, etc.
5. Of or for adult persons only; intended for and restricted to adults. Adult bookstore.
6. Containing sexually-explicit material; dealing with an explicitly sexual material; pornographic. Adult movies.